Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snalien Adventure

We have had near record amounts of snow this past week, and plenty of cold weather to go with it. It snowed and snowed, and stayed and stayed. We did not get out in a car until yesterday afternoon. For some reason I felt compelled to do the snowman thing. I came up with a novel approach to it using an alien theme...thusly "Snaliens". The story follows the photos...Enjoy...peace and blessings

Francois
Pierre
Francois and Pierre
Genevieve
Francois, Pierre and Genevieve
Francois, Pierre, Genevieve, Elvis and Winona
Elvis and Winona
Motur
Story
Day 1-
Do not fear, my little woodland creature friends. I am a Snalien. I come in peace, searching for snow. Our race needs snow for fuel, water, food...I am made of snow. I will fill my golden spaceship with your snow and return to Alkazeltera. Our Snalien world will be saved! Thank you little woodland creatures.

Day 2-
The Snalien story continues...just yesterday we had a visitor here on West Watkins St....a Snalien(the one on the left) from the planet Alkazelztera in search of snow. In short supply on Alkazelztera, snow is essential for life for the Snaliens. Being we have such an abundance of the stuff, they decided to come here to mine snow, fill their golden spaceship and return home. The woodland creatures were the first to greet our new guest yesterday. I quickly followed with a formal welcome, and found out that the Snalien goes by the name of Francois...perhaps born in Quebec? Well, back to snow mining. Francois had to call reinforcements...(rememberthere is a butt load of snow). Lo and behold, Pierre arrived today via an Alkazelztera Super Shuttle to assist Francois with the snow mining. Our friendly woodland creatures were out to welcome Pierre. With all this snow, I can only wonder if Francois and Pierre will need more assistance?? Perhaps I will offer them a hand...
Day 3-
Well, it's been mighty cold, and such hard work mining snow...the boys decided they needed some female company. So, by super duper fast Alkazelzertan shuttle comes their bestest friend, Genevieve. Genevieve has beautiful blue eyes and ruby-red lips...and such delicate hands, not meant for snow mining. Looks like she might be a good back scratcher. Perhaps our friendly woodland creatures will come welcome her shortly.{please note that I do not intend this as a sexist story...I'm just having fun}

I did find out why these Snaliens have French names. They did indeed visit Quebec on another snow mining mission. Their Alkazelzteran Snalien names are just to impossible to pronounce. French names are so beautiful and just roll off the tongue. Their hosts in Quebec thought these names would be easier.

I am not certain yet as to the relationship of our trio, one to the other...boyfriend, girlfriend, just friends...I'm not sure...and I know little of Snalien culture. I will keep you posted on any new developments. Beam me up Scotty ;-)
Day 4-
Wow! You would not believe what has been happening here since Genevieve arrived on the scene yesterday. This morning I went out to see if they needed anything and lo and behold there were two new Snaliens...and they did not arrive by shuttle from Alkazeltzera. Two new baby Snaliens. I do not understand their culture or biology so I cannot comment further on just what happened?? Their parents (not sure who's who or what or how) named them, but as I said before, Snalien names are quite impossible to pronounce, so I decided to give these cuties some down home southern names...Elvis is on the left(notice the resemblance?) and sweet Winona with the beautiful purple feather hair. So what started as one lone visitor from the planet Alkazelztera has now become one large happen family of Snaliens.

Other developments: Snalien arch enemy, Motur, from the planet Calrondu, crash landed here today. I have been in negotiations with Motur for most of the day. Motur would normally eat Snaliens. Using my finest skills of intergalactic mediation, I have convinced Motur to leave my Snalien friends alone. In exchange for this brief peace amongst intergalactic residents, I have offered my enormous skills at spacecraft repair to help him return to his home planet. I will hope that he will take this bit of good hospitality home with him and convince others from Calrondu that war is not the answer. Out in the galaxy as here on Earth, love is and will be the only solution.

I will keep you posted on further developments (I am trying to convince our large Snalien family to return here after they have delivered the life saving snow back to Alkazeltzera)...I remain hopeful...

1 comment:

  1. Jeff!! I LOVE this! You are so clever and your pictures are wonderful!
    xoxo,
    J.

    ReplyDelete