Saturday, July 16, 2011

Short and to the Point

Saturday Centus...and 25 words...oh my...5, 25, 50, 100...I can do this, I can do anything. I may not be getting any younger, but I am getting better...although my creative vision often trumps my abilities to put vision to paper. Somehow though, as usually happens, the vision came to me in an instant...question is can I translate the feel of the moment in so few words? Perhaps with a little ESP working, some of you might feel it, see it, wrap your heads around it...I hope so.

"Anything else hon?"
"No, thanks."

She returned with the check...and an unexpected note...
I'm off at 11...meet me out front...

What the heck, I'm not getting any younger...

18 comments:

  1. hahahahahhaa ..... it's not what you said but what you didn't ..... hahaaaha. Good one, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and excellent job Jeff...no worries...ESP worked perfectly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jc,

    You naughty boy! This is a perfect take on this prompt. I expected them to be married and her going off on an errand for him, but your twist brought me back down to earth.

    I love it.

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both thinking in same vein today...older folks want some fun too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheeky piece - you rouge! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your going to give her a nice tip!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  7. playful lines,
    bless your weekend,
    enjoyed your take.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo. Seems a big "tip" awaits. ;0>
    Great take, Jeff.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL :D Very interesting! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I liked this. I thought you made your point very well with so few words. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dream on, Jeff!
    Nice text!

    Thank you for your comment about John Tell's aching back. I sketched him first as a youngish man; but this prompt has aged him! We'll see what he will be in a longer story.
    Best wishes,
    Anna

    For the benefit of other readers:
    Books are heavy-Anna's SC wk 63

    ReplyDelete
  12. uw very nice ... what will happen when the clock strikes eleven?

    My Centus

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a deliciously naughty use of this prompt!

    I feel the intrique and tension!

    ReplyDelete