Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blurring Time

Pieces of me floating, carried on wanton, wounded wings...the past, the present, the future, an amalgam of thoughts, events, created in the cranial universe I call my mind...blurring time and space distinction...parallel cross-currents of universal realities...objects in my rear view mirror are closer than they appear...but what about the objects on the mirror's other side?

This tiny piece of creative writing is my contribution towards the weekly, prompted (in italics), creative writing exercise called Saturday Centus. I encourage you to go there and check out some wonderful responses to the prompt. Thanks to our teacher, Jenny Matlock...

Peace and Blessings
...and BTW,I missed the deadline for Alphabe-Thursday, but I posted something anyhoo titled "Orange You"...check it out...if you dare

Jenny Matlock

19 comments:

  1. Hum, I wonder about that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking and deep ;-) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now something else to ruminate upon...I always enjoy my stops here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. curious take on SC, it's poetic in a way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I actually thought about trying poetry on SC (at least, I thought about it yesterday)...when I saw the prompt, inspiration for poetry did not come.

    Glad it did for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is deep... I love to read what everyone does with theirs. Like 5thsister said I too enjoy my stops here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetic and thought-provoking.

    Thanks!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, what about those objects on the other side? Don't think I want to think about that today. This is my mind's day off! :)

    I enjoyed!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... thanks for blowing my mind with this one!! I've gotta sit down now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Objects on the mirror's other side? Ha, there are non, I've looked. it's all black paint or something..Mwahahaha

    Great writing Jeff :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make your posts so creative! I think you've changed the words slightly & i got lines when I did that & Miss found out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever use of the prompt. Beautifully written. My favorite line "wanton, wounded wings" - just perfect. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful post! I love your writing dear Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great imagery in this. The prose itself even feels like it's almost blurring together.

    As for the other side of the mirror, like Vicki, I've looked too. As a kid I would stand in front of the mirror and then try to sprint out to see if I could trick my "reflection" that I believed to be a copy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful imagery. I'm with Kat. That one fragment is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what about them?? seriously - thinking now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that sounds very deep. and a very good question!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deep. Profound.

    Made my head hurt trying to think this through.

    All in all a perfect use of the prompt.

    Jeff, you are really something.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete