Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Summer...So Far




I, I, I, I, I...it's all about me this time around. It is Saturday Centus time again, and this week's assignment is to tell a bit about what I did this summer...in the first person. Well, summer is not quite finished yet...the temperatures are telling me that. I will give you a brief synopsis of what has transpired thusfar.

I started my summer by seeing Kathy to the finish line of recovery from her knee surgery. I took a lot of pictures this summer. I blogged...and blogged some more. I pondered the universe and dreamt of cooler weather. I read a lot of books, listened to some new and old music, and watched a wonderful foreign film, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I went with MrsC twice to the Mennonite Farm for wonderful veggies. I maintained my prayer group responsibilities. I lost a neighbor to cancer. I reached out to my daughter. I, along with MrsC, joined the Photographic Society of Chattanooga, and attended my first meeting. I hung out a lot with MrsC, which I will miss doing. Last night I witnessed the night blooming Cereus...aka "Moon Flower" (See photos).

But summer is not yet over and I am certain I will do a few more things over the next month. I will update you on further summertime developments. In the meantime...I am here, living and loving, and anticipating reading and seeing what YOU did this summer.

Peace and blessings
Jenny Matlock

20 comments:

  1. Despite touche of sadness, your summer sounds pleasant, a slice of life's pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect summer to me. All of life is a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, what terrific pictures of the Cereus! They appear to be made of fine porcelain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like almost a perfect summer. Hope the rest is all good. Good Centus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a quiet summer, I guess it was good for me to have time to heal. We had fun taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem like a peaceful and blessed summer, despite your loss. Thanks for sharing it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very good summer except for the loss of a friend. Still lots of wonderful photos taken and time shared with your wonderful Mrs.C!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite your loss, your summer showed a life well lived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh darn it! I just left, or should I say, "tried" to leave a really nice long comment, but it wouldn't "take"! Accckkk!! Just know I really loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well this must be a new Saturday Centus. I have stopped in on a few of them but had decided I am not much of a writer. But I can talk about things like this I guess I should look at it again one day soon. Hoping to start posting on my blog again soon also things are starting to come together a little bit here. To many summer project for sure. Lucky you to spend so much time with Mrs C. I would just like a days outing with her. Sorry to hear about your friends passing. Hope you have a good week. P.S. Tell Mrs C I sent her an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry for your loss. That makes it a tough summer. But otherwise, full. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a mix of good and sad! You summer is sounding very full!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man what a busy summer, I too am sorry for your loss but happy for all your blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I reached out to my daughter." A small sentence well hidden in your summer activities. However, I have a feeling that your reaching out was big event in your life. Sounds like you have had a busy summer!

    I just posted my contribution. Please stop by!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pictures are stunning. Sorry about your loss. Your summer sounds busy and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the Moon Flower! My late husband always had them blooming at our house. As usual, you have published a beautiful post. I love the photos, and I love that you had extra time with Mrs. C.

    Good one. Thanks..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the flower photo. sorry for your sadness but rejoice in your gladness

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely done, Jeff. A very touching, thoughtful post (as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was a beautiful post, Jeff. Full of the little ordinary details that make up a wonderful life, even the sad bits. The photos of the moon flower are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeff. I was really touched by this post. I loved the "reached out to my daughter" and I know how supportive and loving you were to Mrs. C.

    Take care of yourself Jeff.

    I've been worrying about you.

    And I loved your Summer Vacation essay!

    ReplyDelete